Friday, July 1, 2011

Bone Dog Page One, Edited



Here is page one of Bone Dog, again. Since I last posted this, I was able to re-scan it and do a little clean-up in Photoshop.

I learned a lot about scanning and image files by doing this. Scanning images tends to magnify mistakes. Lighter lines nearly disappear and uneven lines look lumpier. In the future, I'm going to need to make my panel boarders thicker and bolder and generally be more sensitive to my sloppiness.

The more complicated part was making sure the right resolution and image type. I'll spare you the gory details, but I'm just glad I learned it now when I'm just starting out.

I have to thank Aaron Schmidt and Marie Martino for giving me advice on this.

Also, Jessica Abel and Matt Madden, authors of Drawing Words/ Writing Pictures, were nice enough to respond to my e-mail questions about scanning and image files. If you're interested in making comics, I can't recommend their book enough.

I still have a lot to learn about turning paper pictures into electronic files, but I feel like I'm on the right path now.

Anyway, Here's page two of my comic Bone Dog (click on it to make it bigger):

No comments: