Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Joy of a Supportive Wife(Road to CAKE part 4)

To encourage me while working towards CAKE, my wife made me this awesome calendar. She gave it to me on May 16, or 31 days before the expo. It's basically a countdown that includes encouraging messages like:

She made it so that I could tear the pages out everyday, but I didn't want to destroy it. Instead, I put rings in it and hung it over my drawing desk.

I figure I can reuse the calendar when I'm on some other 31-day deadline.
Also, today is actually 24 days from CAKE, so I'll have to update my Calendar when I get back to my desk.

Anyway, I'm really lucky to have such a sweet, supportive wife. This calendar is also a reminder of that!

You can see a comic I'm working on in this picture called "Everyone Hates Their Job" (Which I know is not grammatically correct, so save it!) and is a little different from anything I've done before. I'll be posting that soon.

Since this is a "Road to CAKE" article, I better post a picture of a cake. My daughter's third birthday was a week ago, so here is the Shaun the Sheep cake we made for her.



No comments: